Chicken Breast (6 will fit comfortably in a 9x13 casserole dish)
salt and pepper
3 slices of bacon
1 cup of chopped onion
2 cups of packed torn spinach ( I use 3/4 bag of baby washed spinach)
fresh rosemary chopped ( Dried rosemary will also work)
2 (16 oz) cans of white beans, rinsed and drained ( I use Bush's Northern White Bean, 3 small cans)
1 (14.5 oz) can diced or crushed tomatoes, undrained
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cook bacon until crisp in a large non-stick skillet. Remove from skillet.
If you have an oven-proof skillet it will work through the whole process. Otherwise, you will also need a 9x13 casserole dish as well.
3. Add chicken to pan and brown. Salt and pepper to taste.
4. Add onion and saute until tender.
5. If using oven-proof skillet, remove chicken and add remaining ingredients. Salt and pepper to taste. Stir together and then place browned chicken back on top of mixture.
6. Otherwise, transfer onions and bacon to a 9x13 casserole dish and add remaining ingredients. Stir together. Salt and pepper to taste. Place browned chicken breast on top of mixture
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes to 1 hour.
Recipe from myrecipes.com
Review: This meal is on the monthly rotation at our house. It is a very healthy meal with the spinach, tomatoes, beans and chicken. The small amount of bacon drippings used is minimal and adds a tremendous amount of flavor to the dish. The rosemary is best fresh, but okay dried. This too adds such a fresh addition to the dish. The smell of this dish is wonderful! You can also put this dish together early in the day and put it in the oven when you are ready. This is my new favorite go to meal.