3 lbs chicken, whole or cut up as you wish
1 large onions, sliced (or 2 if you like lots of onion)
2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
1 can of diced tomatoes
1 green bell pepper, chopped ( optional)
2-4 cloves of garlic, minced
2 tsp oregano
1 tsp dried basil
1/2 tsp celery powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup dry white wine
3 TBLSP Olive Oil
1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
1. Place onions in bottom of crock pot. I use extra onions because the husband does not like the green pepper.
2. Add chicken: whole boneless, skinless chicken breast is what I use but any combonation of chicken will work. I have also added frozen chicken in the morning and cooked on the low setting for 7-9 hours and this worked well.
3. Sir all of the other ingredients together. I usually add an extra bit of water to get the liquid to cover the chicken and make it the consistency I like. I have also used a dry red wine and this works great as well. You could also use chicken broth if you do not like or have the wine.
4. Pour over the chicken and onions.
5. Cook on low heat 7-9 hours or high heat for about 3-4 hours.
6. Serve over pasta or rice.
Remarks: Easy and Delicious and Full of Flavor! I think what makes this recipe stand out is the use of wine and the tsp of crushed red pepper flakes. Try it , you won't be disappointed!