Monday, April 14, 2014

Shredded Buffalo Crock Pot Chicken

4-6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1 (17.5 fluid ounce) bottle buffalo wing sauce, divided
1 package dry ranch salad dressing mix
1/2 to 1 cup of chicken broth (optional)
2 tablespoons butter (optional)
Blue Cheese Dressing (optional)
6 hoagie rolls, split lengthwise

Directions: Place the chicken breasts into a slow cooker, and pour in 3/4 of the bottle of wing sauce, the package of ranch dressing mix, and chicken broth. Cover, and cook on low for 3 hours.Remove the chicken from the Crock Pot and shred it. Add the butter now if you so desire. Place back into the Crock Pot and let cook for at least 1 more hour, or up to 7 hours if your Pot does not have a warming option. Pile the meat onto the hoagie rolls, and splash with the remaining buffalo wing sauce to serve.  Add blue cheese dressing to your sandwiches for added flavor.

Comments: This recipe is all over the Internet so I wanted to try it.  It is pretty tasty!  Many of the comments said that the wing sauce cooked dry while the chicken was cooking.  I added the chicken broth to avoid this problem, but then thought it was a bit soupy.  I used a cornstarch slurry to barely thicken the juice before I put the chicken back in and this worked great. I chose to not add the butter.  I didn't think it needed it. I have found if I cook chicken breast more than 3 or 4 hours on low in the Pot they get dry and grainy so I would aim for less time than more.

No comments:

Post a Comment