Saturday, March 10, 2012

Mashed Potato Doughnuts

2 TBSP melted Crisco
1 egg
1/2 cup milk
2 3/4 cups sifted flour
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 cup sugar
1 cup mashed potatoes
Crisco for deep frying

Confectionery sugar

Bled Crisco, egg and milk.  In separate bowl mix flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.  Combine the two mixtures with the mashed potatoes and mix thoroughly.  Roll on lightly floured board and cut with floured doughnut cutter.  Fry in deep Crisco heated to 365 degrees, 3-5 minutes.  Drain on absorbent paper.  Dip in powdered sugar.

Comments:  I remember my mom making these doughnuts.  They were delicious!  I am posting this recipe for my Aunt Betty who also remembers them.  I will make these as soon as someone will stop by on a Saturday or Sunday morning to help me eat them.  If my memory serves me, they are best immediately after fried, covered in powdered sugar.   So, consider yourself invited.  Just let me know when you are coming so I can make sure I have mashed potatoes available.  I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment