Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Broccoli/Chicken Quiche

1 box of chopped broccoli, cooked and drained
1 can of chicken
8 oz. mozzarella cheese
2-3 eggs
3 TBSP milk
1 onion, chopped
salt/pepper to taste
1 deep dish pie crust

Mix ingredients together and put in pie crust.  Bake 400degrees for 30-40 minutes.

Comments:  This recipe came from a dear friend of the family, Pam.  My family has been making it for at least 25 years.  Wow, time sure flies!  This is one of my go-to quiches.  It is especially good for those who do not like a very eggy quiche.  It is dense and hearty, making it a good choice for lunch or dinner with a salad.  I am not sure why, but sometimes the quiche filling seems thick, so I simply add the 3rd egg to loosen it up a bit. It bakes perfectly well with only 2 eggs, so you decide.  I know it seems odd to use a can of  chicken, but it is good and makes the quiche go together quickly.  I have also used fresh broccoli cooked and chopped as well as left over chicken breast, diced. Enjoy!  

No comments:

Post a Comment