Monday, February 6, 2012

Sloppy Joes

1 lb. ground beef, browned
Add:
1 cup chopped onion
1 cup chopped celery
1 cup Catsup
1 TBSP brown sugar
1 TBSP prepared mustard
1 TBSP Worcestershire Sauce
1 TBSP Vinegar
1 tsp salt

Cover. Simmer about 1/2 hour.

Comments:  My mother-in-law, Henrietta, gave me this recipe many years ago and it is one that I still make regularly.  I adjust the brown sugar a bit as I like it a bit sweeter, but it is great just the way it is.  This recipe is quick, easy and flavorful.

3 comments:

  1. Nancy told me about the bog. I am going to make the sloppy Joes next week while family's visiting. Looks yummy! Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry I can't spell blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just saw your post.... This recipe has been a go-to recipe for my family for years. They are so good! I hope you enjoyed them.

    ReplyDelete